Be sure to join us in beautiful Pagosa Springs for WinterFest 2013!
Thursday, February 7th - Sunday, February 10th
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Thursday, February 7th:
- Cabin Fever Cribbage Tournament Ross Aragon Community Center. Registration: 5:30pm, Games Begin: 6:00pm. Only 32 spots available. $10 entry fee, double elimination with Pagosa Perks (cash equivalent) prizes. Discount combo ticket ($30) available for tournament contestants who wish to also attend the WinterFest Chilly Bowl event.
2013 Cribbage Tournament Registration Form
- WinterFest Chilly Bowl Ross Aragon Community Center, 5:30pm. Enjoy various types and flavors of chilis and cornbreads from around the area. Cash prizes for first place contestants in each chile category. We will have live music with Caitlin Cannon + The Artillery on stage and cash bar. Tickets: $25, with net proceeds to benefit local area food banks. Tickets are available at the Chamber of Commerce, Community Center and at the door.
Friday, February 8th:
Saturday, February 9th:
- Nordic Club Races. 1k/3k Classic Ski and 5k/10k Skate Ski, plus fun Relay Race, Sprint Races and Mock (Paint Gun) Biathlon. Location: Pagosa Springs Golf Course. Awards and prizes for Individual Race events and combined scores. Check PagosaNordic.com for complete details.
- 2nd Annual Outlaw Snowdown A two-day alternative Country music festival held under the big top, in Town Park. For tickets and details, please visit their website: OutlawSnowdown.Com.
Weather permitting, various other snow-filled Saturday activities:
- Anything Goes Downhill Sled Race, Registration: 2:00pm, Race: 2:30pm. Location: Reservoir Hill's Sled Run in downtown Pagosa Springs off of Hot Springs Blvd.
2013 Sled Race Registration Form
- Snow-Sculpting Contest, 10:00am - 12:00pm. Location: Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Center, 402 San Juan Street, off of Hot Springs Blvd.
2013 Snow Sculpting Registration Form
- Snowman Stomp/Snowshoe Romp, Kids Race: 11am, Snowshoe Race: 11:15am, 1.5 mile loop. Location: Pagosa Springs Golf Course. Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers.
Snowman Stomp Registration Form - 2013
Sunday, February 10th:
- Nordic Club Races. 3k/5k Classic Ski & 10k/20k Skate Races. Awards and prizes for Individual Race events and combined scores. Check PagosaNordic.com for location and details.
- Hot Toddy for the Body Contest, Public Tasting: 11:00am. Location: On the San Juan River Walk, near Hot Springs Blvd. Enter your best Hot Toddy to be judged and sampled as everyone watches the Penguin Plunge over Davey's Wave. If you want to enter your famous concoction, click on the registration form. Only $5 for 3 tastes.
2013 Hot Toddy Registration Form
- 4th Annual Penguin Plunge, Pre-Registration: 11:00am, Plunge: 12:00pm. Location: Chamber of Commerce & Visitor Center, 402 San Juan Streeet, off of Hot Springs Blvd. Watch a few local brave souls plunge into the San Juan River to benefit local charities. Please enjoy the view from the San Juan River Walk near Hot Springs Blvd. The Chamber parking lot will be closed to spectators and reserved for authorized emergency vehicles only.
2013 Penguin Plunge Registration Form